cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's a Big WIFI World Out There

N/A

Its been the best part of a year since someone at Plusnet said they were working on getting access to other folk's WIFI hotspots, but we are still restricted to BT openzone's own (inadequate) WIFI coverage. (Unlike BT Openzone customers who can use the Cloud hotspots as well.)

Poor effort guys.

Come on PlusNet. Pull your finger out. There are profits to made if the WIFI providers could just get their act together and provide WIFI access via each other's networks.

I'm off to America next week and I shall have to give money to Orange if I want to keep in touch. Money that could be going to swell PlusNet's profits. Were is the sense in that?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Seconded!

Search posts by my username to see my own rants regarding the state of WiFi charging and access etc...

I'll never be a really heavy user of hotspots, but I'd use them more often if there were more available, with better pricing structures etc. More ARPU PlusNet?!

Ian.
N/A

'The Cloud' now offers unlimited WIFI access for £11.99 a month!!!

Puts BT / Plus.Net to shame
N/A

'The Cloud' now offers unlimited WIFI access for £11.99 a month!!!

Nice.. if you are in one of its areas..
N/A

Did you hear about the BT WIFI rollout thats begining?
[urlhttp://today.reuters.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2006-05-17T105124Z_01_L17620025_RTRIDST_0_OUKIN-UK-TELECOMS-BT-WIRELESS.XML]BT to beam wireless broadband to cities - Reuters[/url]
Doesn't specifically say that the service will be available for third party re-sellers in this article, although on BBC R1 news, they did say that ISP and the like would be able to make use of the networks.

Again, only any use if you live in one of the cities.