cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router/Adapter set up help required.

N/A

Hello All!

I have recently purchased a BT Voyager 2100 modem/router so that i can use BB wirelessly with my FS Amilo D laptop that has a built in Prism adapter.

After going through the set up instructions, i found that i wasnt picking up a connection to the router, found a wireless button on laptop and hey presto it was there! Went thru setting up password and user name for plus net and was connected to internet happily.

However when i rebooted it came up with "wireless connection is not available" on start up, tried refreshing the list but still no detection until eventually it found the router but couldnt connect for some reason. I assume its some security setting or box i have not ticked somewhere that is causing it to do this. Any one help? Shockedops:

Also is it usual to have to press a wireless button on laptop in order to get access or can i set it up whereby when i log in it will also connect straight away.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheesy Sad Cheesy Sad Cheesy Sad
2 REPLIES
N/A

Are you using any Firewall SW ? And are you using windows zero configuration to run your wireless network ? Just one more thing has your router go DHCP (basically gives you an automatic IP each time you log on to the wireless network) Might be better to set a static IP if your having troubles
N/A

Cheers Tangus! .... it was the static ip that was doing it!. Set that on the router and voila it worked every time!.

Thanks very much!.

fish Cheesy