cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

N/A

Roaming

It looks like BOZII allow roaming between 9 or 10 networks in the UK and have coverage in over 20 countries as well.

I just spoke to one of their guys and it costs the same to roam internationally as it does to roam in the UK.

Some of the networks they mentioned are:

- BT Openzone
- Ready to Surf
- Surf and Sip (Caffé Nero's)
- Square Mile
- iyzone
- Canova Wireless
- NetNearU
- T-Systems

They also talked about a cool SMS service they have. It is amazing! Text hotspot to 80010 and it returns with the hotspot closest to your current position. It’s fast and there always seems to be a hotspot near by.

Def worth a look, there website is www.bozii.net.
22 REPLIES
mduncombe

Roaming

Hi,

Will I be able to use the free trial at one of the international openzone sites listed? I am off to Finland in March and my hotel is listed in the BT openzone directory.

Mark
N/A

Roaming

Hi there,

Roaming is unfortunately not possible when using Plusnet Wireless Broadband.

Regards,

Rich

**Edited as contained incorrect information.
N/A

Roaming

This is on the roaming section of the BT Openzone website re use abroad,

Please note: roaming isn't possible if you're a BT Openzone Voucher or BT Openzone Choice customer, or if you use another service provider to access BT Openzone.

Does this mean that since we are using plusnet as our ISP we will not be able to roam?

Richard
N/A

Roaming

I was about to ask the same question. Will the trial also include access abroad and does the trial provide unlimited access? I presume that cancellations are requested using the ticket system?
N/A

Roaming

Hi there,

You can use it as much as you want this month, cancellations are requested by contact us or over the phone and hotspots abroad should work ok.

Regards,

Rich
N/A

Roaming

But surely the hotspots not operated by BT (ie abroad), will only allow BT customers to authenticate, not plusnet?
Word_Warrior
Grafter

BT Openzone/Plusnet partner roaming

:?: I've trawled the openzone hotspot guide and there seems to be lots of "The cloud" hotspots can I use them? :?
N/A

Roaming

No you can only use the BTopenzone ones.
N/A

Roaming

Hi there,

So long as it's functioning correctly (the hotspot) then this should be fine.

Regards,

Rich

Surely hotspots abroad will not be operated by BT - so how can plusnet customers use them?
Word_Warrior
Grafter

roaming, what you get. The official reply from BT Openzone

I went straight to BT Openzone and asked them for clarification. Here is their reply to me.
"The Cloud hotspots cannot be used with Plusnet roaming. The agreement between ourselves & Plusnet is that Plusnet users can use BTOpenzone hotspots only.

We are partners with The Cloud in a similar way to which Plusnet is with us. We are purely 'piggy backing' on their network."

Presumably then, if we sign up directly with BT Openzone, we'd get more hotspots than by signing up with Plusnet. :?
Word_Warrior
Grafter

... and furthermore....

2nd Email from BT openzone

"Only customers with accounts with The Cloud or one of their roaming partners which includes ourselves, O2 & WEROAM. Each partner links to their own login page from Cloud sites. As a Plusnet customer you are only able to use pure BTOpenzone hotspots. Plusnet would need to enter an agreement with The Cloud to enable it's customers access to Cloud sites.

We at BTOpenzone have no ownership of Cloud hotspots, they operate on their own. Therefore we cannot allow customers from our roaming partners to use their sites as it would be a breach of the terms of contract we have with the Cloud.

Any company that is a roaming partner with us, would also need to become a roaming partner with The Cloud if they wish for their customers to be able to use Cloud hotspots."
Clear now?
N/A

Roaming

Yeah thats what I thought. Shame PlusNet couldnt have made it clearer...
Word_Warrior
Grafter

...and there's more.....

Just metioned to Plusnet something along the lines of a partnership arrangement among members with WiFi base stations much like BTOZ can do. they'd have a pretty big WiFi network quite quickly and cheaply and we'd get a cut too!

Whadya think?
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Just got a reply from Plusnet action ticket

This is what they say....

"There are no plans to partner up with other hotspot providers. There are also no plans to install our own hotspots, however this may change in the future."

So there you have it, if you want roaming now, you'll have to go elsewhere but stick with the freebie for now. Sad