cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommend a good wireless router £50 - £100

N/A

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good wireless router £50 - £100 that is easy to USE and SET UP please?

thanks attom
5 REPLIES
MrToast
Grafter

i only have experience of the zyxel 660HW which includes 2 off ip telephony interfaces so you can use ordinary touch tone phones and switch between your bt line and IP telephony.

it also supports multicasting....

Is it easy? Not sure. I'd say I'm fairly Techno-Literate and it seemd to do what it said by following the instructions.

I've also seen Morgan Computers are selling some re-boxed Lynksys ADSL Wi-Fi routers (no telephony) for under £30 with manufactureres warrantee. I'd trust they are OK as there a lot about and are a reputable make.
N/A

The Netgear DG834G is an excellent router. It uses an automated wizard to set up (all you have to do is input your user name and password) and is very easy to use. If you do a search on these forums you will see that it is regularly recommended. You should be able to buy it for about £50.
The_10th
Grafter

Not a bad deal found here at amazon for DG834G plus USB wireless adapter.
N/A

Have to say the BT Voyager 2110. It is an excellent piece of kit with almost no set up required. Plus have this with an upgrade or used to have.
N/A

the first router i ever got was an smc 7904wbra, it was so easy to set up it was unbelievable. was around the £70 when i got it. seems the newer one is cheaper although i did get mine with a card so that could answer it Shockedops:

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=20&products_id=807&osCsid=e3c5e3e3...

theres a link if you want a look.