cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting (sometimes)

N/A

Can anyone help with this problem?

I have a Netgear DG834G modem/router and at times I cannot access websites or emails. I don’t normally keep the modem/router switched on and sometimes when I boot it up along with the computer it won’t connect. When I go into the router panel it just says connection down.

Is the problem likely to be the exchange, the modem/router or the ISP? I will turn everything off and come back 20 minutes later and then I can connect. Happens about three times a week. Any ideas?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Is the router set to keep the line active or drop the connection after x min of no activity? On your Plus Net account settings do you have an idile time out set?

Will the router reconnect if you do it from the router or do you have to reboot?
N/A

Thanks for getting back. I have no problem keeping the modem connected once on. It happens soemtimes when I start up the PC and router modem from cold. Idle is set to default 0.

I have to reboot the pc and modem/router for it to eventually work but very rarely on the first few goes so I come back later after about 1 hour. It never works if i try and reboot from the router alone.

Please can you help further? Thanks