cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing questions

N/A

Pricing questions

Hi there,

Just been checking the service out and can find no mention of how much the service will cost. I must point out that you cannot ask people to submit credit card details without knowing what charges they will incur. It is not good enough to say "No charges will be made during the trial period" as once authorised to take a payment, you could take any amount you wanted.

I also had a look at BT's own pricing and found their 250 mintes-a -month subscription service is only £2.35 for 250 minutes.

Can you please put your pricing on the site or remove the credit card requirement for the trial.

Thanks,
Tony.
28 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Pricing questions

It says somewhere that it is 7p per minute + VAT. Think I saw something about other packages, but didn't take too much notice.

Phil
Alecto
Grafter

Pricing questions

Pn's confirmation of the 7p is in this thread
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25389

Don't know why they don't publish the prices prominently though.
N/A

Pricing questions

Thats even dearer than BT's old price of £10 for 250 mins.

At BT's new price of £2.00 sterling for the same 250 minutes, Plusnet are going to get about , mmmmm, a big fat zero customers.

Tony.
N/A

Pricing questions

i would have signed up , no now , 7p per minute you have to be having a laff
N/A

Wireless BB Prices

So is that 7p per min which is only charged as you use it ? I think I read somewhere it was going to be approx £7.50 per month for 120 mins (equal to 7p per min). Can we just pay for what we use at 7p per min or are we committed to £7.50 per month on top of the existing monthly subscription of £21.99 ?
Any ideas Huh
N/A

Pricing questions

Thats even dearer than BT's old price of £10 for 250 mins.

At BT's new price of £2.00 sterling for the same 250 minutes, Plusnet are going to get about , mmmmm, a big fat zero customers.

£10pm is still BT's standard price according to the openzone website. The £2 offer is only for the first 3 months to new subscribers.

So, PN is cheaper for anything less than a couple of hours!
N/A

Pricing questions

I can see a 20p per minute option on BT openzone.
http://www.btopenzone.com/buy/per_minute.jsp so 7p doesnt seem bad.

I hope PN will offer a similar (cheaper) usage only PAYG rate? I also hope this doesnt muck up my current home BB account which I would wish to retain.

It seems the 7p quoted may have a monthly subscription associated to it later on?

With all the various pricing questions to date, come on PN, the free month is already ticking....
N/A

Pricing questions

I can see a 20p per minute option on BT openzone.
http://www.btopenzone.com/buy/per_minute.jsp so 7p doesnt seem bad.

I hope PN will offer a similar (cheaper) usage only PAYG rate? I also hope this doesnt muck up my current home BB account which I would wish to retain.

It seems the 7p quoted may have a monthly subscription associated to it later on?

With all the various pricing questions to date, come on PN, the free month is already ticking....
N/A

Pricing questions

Whoops, novice forum user who used the preview option and ended up with 2 for the price of 1. Hopefully i have learnt my lesson.
Ianwild
Grafter

Pricing questions

We will get the pricing pages launched as soon as we can. There will be both PAYG and subscription products available.

Details fo the lowest cost subscription product are here (7.49 (ex. VAT) per month for 120 minutes), but there will be much better information available soon.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Pricing questions

Re: £2 for 3 months

Yes it shows that in the more wordy description doesn''t it. However,

http://www.btopenzone.com/buy/pricing_plans.jsp

doesn't make any reference. I've e-mailed them and told them to change it.

£10 for 250 mins is still better value than £7.49 for 120 mins though (both ex. VAT).

Penny a minute is where the pricing *should* be at.

Tony.
N/A

Plusnet is penalising its' own subscribers

According to their site, plusnet existing subscribers pay 7p per minute after the first month whereas non-plusnet subscriber pay £7.49 and get 120 minutes included.

Now 7p * 120 minutes = £8.40. So non-plusnet customers are getting something for £7.49 that us loyal plusnetters are paying £8.40 for!

Don't do me no favours, PlusNet!
N/A

No need to cancel from trialif an existing Plusnet customer?

Just be clear on this then:

If I'm an existing customer (£21.99 p.m.) and I sign up for the trial, but never use the service (either becasue I can't find a useable hotspot or it turns out I don't need it after all), I'll never be charged for it? Or if I use it for 2 mins in the next year (checking email at a train station, for instance) I'll see a 14p debit from my account and nothing else?
N/A

Pricing questions

To be honest the whole idea of pricing a packet-switched service by the minute confuses me. Why not just bill by the amount of data transferred like GPRS does? That way you don't have to worry about disconnecting while you type up your email and suchlike.

PS: I know PlusNet probably don't have much say in the pricing for these things, just opening the concept for debate Smiley