cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Praise your wireless router- even a Belkin Pre-N?

N/A

I've just signed up to PlusNet and am awaiting activation. I'm choosing my wireless router and the Belkin PreN wins all the speed tests but is it easy to set up with PlusNet?

Is it reliable - many people have reported problems.

And will it work with a normal Belkin (G) Range Extender - what others call a Wireless Access Point that works with the main router to extend coverage in a building.

Perhaps the best thing you can tell me is that your set up is great. Andy advice? Thanks.

Andy
3 REPLIES
N/A

If you want to avoid wireless stability issues, then I would buy all wireless-G 54mbps products (ideally from the same manufacturer). Pre-N isn't even ratified and as far as I'm aware it's been rejected.
N/A

Belkin and other Routers

Thanks GOTDSL

The more I read, the more I think a separate router and wireless access is preferable; ie keep the ADSL connection simple for the home network of desktops and add wireless access points using the ethernet network connection points.

So, I can still use the Belkin WAP and, if no Range Extender is available for the Pre-N (and it seems not, but getting the required help from Belkin is not easy eg - will the Wireless G Range extender work with a Pre-N WAP on the same network)
N/A

I have always used belkin and have used the Belkin pre n and hand on heart I have never ever had any problems with it.
Works great never fails
I would so go for it