cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding?

N/A

Port Forwarding?

I am trying to configure port forwarding on my router (D-Link DSL-G604T) for Bit Comet. I have followed the guide here http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DSL-G604T/BitComet.htmPortforward.c... but when I connect to a torrent (I am using the unix test torrent that is often posted on these forums) I still only get peers on local initiation. It is getting a bit frustrating - any clues where I might be going wrong?
3 REPLIES
phatty
Grafter

Port Forwarding?

OK, I have the same router so I will run you through it.

Enable NAT on your connection. (I dont know if this is totally necessary but I have it enabled and I have no problems)

Log on to the router, then click on the "Advanced" tab at the top of the page. Then click on "Port Forwarding" down the left side.

You will now be taken to the set up page for Port Forwarding. (If these instructions dont nake sense, make sure you have the latest Firmware from D-Link as the previous version had a totally different user interface)

Click on the Catergory "User", then click "Add" (Making sure you have the correct IP selected in the drop down box).

Give the Rule a name, select "Both" for protocol (Decentralized tracking uses UDP, which is why I use both). Finally enter the port number in, "Start", "End" and "Port Map". Click "Apply"

You will now see the Rule you created in "Available Rules", click on "Add>" and it will move to applied rules.

You dont need to restart the router for this to start working.

I would also recommend using "Azureus" as a bit torrent client because it has the facility to test your NAT configuration Smiley

I hope this makes sense / helps.
N/A

Port Forwarding?

Thanks for your help. It turns out my forward port was blocked on my software firewall (which was set to the default bit-torrent range rather than my listening port) so I am up and running now Smiley
phatty
Grafter

Port Forwarding?

Youre welcome.

I kinda thought you had probably sorted it out because of the date of your original post, but I thought I'd post anyway Smiley