cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding or not ..Advantages .??

N/A

I caught an item on here recently about Port Forwarding when using Bit.Torrents .I have a D-Link DI-624 Router and a DSL 300-T modem .Downloading torrents with Bit Tornado I am lucky if I can get to double figures( at the moment it is 6kB/s) so you can imagine how long it takes to download anyhting sizeable ..days and days and days ...
Would there be any advantage in enabling Port Forwarding .If not I don't want to go to all the trouble of doing so .I have read the articles at portforward.com
tia
Stuart
1 REPLY
N/A

With most P2P other users need to conntact you to get file from you and they need these ports open to do that. What you download is governed by how much you are letting other people have. The more you give the more you get. In Emule/ Edonkey you get a very low id if they cant conntact you and this means you cant download from people with high ids only others with a low id. As a result your downloads are rubbish.

All these syetm are designed in the same way to stop Leechers they are intended as a community share were everyone joins in