cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help: how do I correct this e.mail server error,

N/A

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.plus.net ', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

I'm assuming you are allowing Outlook / Outlook Express access to the internet via your firewall?
N/A

Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514 which is the MS knowledge base article on "How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express".

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

(Good way of learning how things work: when broke fix it yourself Wink )
N/A

Thanks, I looked at mskb

Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514 which is the MS knowledge base article on "How to troubleshoot error messages that you receive when try to send and receive e-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express".

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

(Good way of learning how things work: when broke fix it yourself Wink )

Thanks, I looked at mskb error messages. Found exact error message with instruction to contact Administrator to disable bandwidth throttling on IIS server.
.. would that be Plus Net as administrator ?
N/A

Re: how do I correct this e.mail server error,

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.plus.net ', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Yes I thought Norton might be culprit, but with Norton turned off, still get same error.
MSKB for this error message talks of bandwidth throttling.