Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openzone: can't login

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We're in negotiations to add the other hotspots like The Cloud's soon, as soon as we've added them we'll let you know.
10 REPLIES
N/A

I attempted to use OpenZone for the first time today. I tried 3 separate hotspots in London (2 at the the Royal Courts of Justice and Waterloo station). On each occasion I got as far as the screen where you click on the PlusNet logo to Logon.
At this point the browser appears to be attempting to load the logon page but just hangs there and nothing further happens.
I've reported this problem. As anyone else had similar problems?

Mike
N/A

Yes, Me!

I've had the same problem for ages (see my 'First experiences' thread). No one seems to be to concerned about it.

Odd.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Mike,

One of my colleagues passed on the problem you had at Waterloo station, can you let me have the exact locations of the other two hotspots you tried and the times and I'll make sure this is progressed.
N/A

Dave

The hotspots I tried were as follows (all in London):

Royal Courts of Justice: Cafe 26, WC2A 2L (approx: 12:45)
(At this hotspot I couldn't even get the BTopenzone page when I typed in any URL. This was despite the fact that my laptop was connnected with a strong signal and had been allocated an IP address- I just kept getting the message that the server could not be found))

Royal Courts of Justice: Main hall, WC2A 2L (approx 13:00)
At this and the others I tried I got through to the Service Provider page on the Openzone site but as described in my post above, no further

Waterloo station (approx 13:30 and again at 17:45)

I have also raised this as a ticket no: 16229619

Mike
N/A

I had this problem in the ba concorde lounge in jfk, new york. Also in the terrace lounge in terminal 1 at heathrow.
N/A

BT Openzone access

Same problem as you guys

Submitted a call to the tech support

Intersting reply - You can only access Plus net free trial from BT Openzone "owned" access points sites ie what is confusing is most wireless points offer BT Openzone access eg thecloud (most pub access) points which display BT openzone access do not work !!!! So the blurb on the web site is a litlle missleading as the cloud et al plus others the free trial will not work so "Where ever you see BT Openzone" its not really true ......I dont blame Plus net as BT have confused marketing over access and access points (together with other products) ...

Ans look for a BT Openzone access point and your laptop should pick up the BT openzone home page click on plus net logo and log in......

Please tell me if anyone thinks I am right / wrong ....
paul_whitehouse

Re: BT Openzone access

Same problem as you guys

Intersting reply - You can only access Plus net free trial from BT Openzone "owned" access points sites ie what is confusing is most wireless points offer BT Openzone access eg thecloud (most pub access) points which display BT openzone access do not work !!!! Please tell me if anyone thinks I am right / wrong ....

I agree, and have had similar problems trying to log on at non-BT Openzone owned sites.
N/A

Am also a bit narked about the wording. Round the corner from me there are 2 pubs with The Cloud wifi. The nearest BT Openzone hotspot is in a phone box(!) w-a-y down the road.

Let me see, warm pub with beer round the corner, or on a cold park bench by Clapham Common a mile or so away...?
N/A

Bt openzones

Way down in Cornwall even less BT openzone hotspots mainly Cloud or T mobile hotspot connections. Had to phone T mobile customer service after hanging on for nearly 8 minutes on my mobile to get plus net cust service (gave up). T mobile kindly told me of the confusion of not being able to use their connection on the BT openzone alliance as a plusnet user. No free trial I guess !!!
LiamM
Grafter

In my own humble opinion, the service is utterly useless for me without The Cloud, T-Mobile being available.