cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear WG111 USB wireless adaptor installation problems

N/A

I have a Thinkpad T22 notebook running Win98SE which I want to connect up to my network for internet access using this Netgear USB adaptor. My main network is wired through a Netgear router, but I have also got a Wireless Access Point connected to it. This setup was working OK with a cardbus network interface card, but the range wasn't terrific, and the card has become defunct!.

My problem is that, having initiated the installation of the USB adaptor on my notebook, it gets as far as installing drivers and then won't bring up the configuration screen or the so-called "Smart Wizard" so that I can put in the network settings, nor is the requisite icon appearing in my system tray.. I tried it out on my PC and installed it OK with everything working as it should, but that is not where I want to use it.

Anyone had any experience of this device and can show me where I am going wrong? I have had no constructive help from Netgear, and their Technical helpline seems to have been disabled.
1 REPLY
N/A

The solution for me was the radical re-installation of the Operating System using the suppliers Recovery Disk. The Adaptor now works OK, though I wouldn't say the range is all that good.

Hope this reply helps somebody!