cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear DG834GT Crash Problem

owlguard
Grafter

Hi,on internet last night,i think i tried to disable the wireless connection first on my toolbar and the pc crashed,im on xp pro with service pack 2.It scared me to death,big blue screen which after i closed the pc down and starting it up again said id got a very serious error in windows and when i checked it out said it was a poorly written driver file or recent driver which was the problem.Does anyone know if it was the way i tried closing the netgear down or was this just coincidence.I also tried to get onto the netgear site this morning and all my details of registration has disappeared according to the site,i have registered but is this just another coincidence or has it anything to do with the crash,im a learner so havent a clue wether these things are possible or not.
regards ray.

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Title changed from all caps as per link:rules]
3 REPLIES
N/A

The crash has nothing to do with the netgear router as it has no drivers or any influence on the pc.

It could be the wireless card/adapter and its drivers. If its a one off I wouldnt worry if it keeps happening then check for new drivers for the network adapter
owlguard
Grafter

Thanks for that reassurance mate and good luck.I Sent the problem to microsoft by the usual means and it doesnt seem to be happening again,i hope.
kind regards ray.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

make sure you have the latest drivers for your wireless adapter and that you have the latest firmware installed on the 834GT (v1.02.04 i think)

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/DG834GT.asp