cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help please.... no wireless?

N/A

Seem to have lost my wireless connection and cant get it back this time Can anyone help me out please - not too good at this - gotta try and network my wireless printer just brought later that should be fun

Details:

Samsung R20 Laptop
Windows XP
Belkin ADSL2 + Modem with wireless - G router (model No. F5D7632-4)
PlusNet - Connection ok, on it now but hard wired.

When I go to bottom right hand side of screen and right click on little computer icon and select - view avaliable wireless networks: this is what I get: (have tried refreshing network list but, nothing?)

'Windows cannot configure this wireless connection'

'If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software.'

'If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start th wireless zero configuration (WZC) service. For information about starting this WZC service, see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on microsoft.com web site.'

Any Ideas?

Thank you,
Sy
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Simon,

Sounds like you got some drivers with another wireless program with your wireless adapter, do you know if this is the case? Often when you buy a new piece of wireless hardware it does install its own wireless network access program with the drivers, this then takes over from Windows. I have a USB wireless stick that does the same thing.

Try looking for any new folders in your programs, or any new wireless icons down in the system tray - chances are one of them will allow you to connect.

Hope this helps,
N/A

Nope can't seem to find any new folders or icons, still a bit stuck here.

Thank you anyway,

Sy