cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory leak ?

sym
Dabbler

Memory leak ?

Hi There - has anyone had a problem with memory and the BT Voyager 1060 laptop cards software.

I leave my laptop on in the office overnight so i can access shares and vnc to it etc from home - but when I use it again in the morning it is running v low on virtual memory. Anyway looking at the processes there is nothing obvious and they do not add up to the total of 800+ meg of ram being used. I have managed to trace it to the bcmwltry process which is a broadcom wireless monitor .exe and must have been part of the bt voyager install. When i kill the process (which only has a couple of k as memory in task man) my memory usage drops to 200Meg.

Has anyone else had problems like this - is there a decent upgrade to the drivers etc available anywhere ?

I am on xp sp2 and bt voyager adaptor/bcmwltry version 3.60.7.0

cheers

Sym.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Memory leak ?

VNC is well known for being a memory cpu hog I would suspect this is the problem. If the laptop is windows xp use remote destop.
sym
Dabbler

Memory leak ?

VNC is well known for being a memory cpu hog I would suspect this is the problem. If the laptop is windows xp use remote destop.

As said above I have traced it to the bcmwltry process so it is not VNC - I am well aware of the VNC issues and BTW remote desktop does not give you access in the same manner as vnc and does not work with linux etc so VNC is our standard!