cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of network on waking from sleep

N/A

Anyone got a solution to this please?

Out of the blue - having made no recent changes to obviously cause it - I find that on waking my G4 PowerMac from sleep the wireless connection has gone. The wireless status icon in the menu bar is grayed out and no WLAN can be detected, though all the green LEDs on the 3Com router are showing. Restarting the computer immediately locates the network and restores the connection. A laptop with the same settings in the same room functions normally.
Tony
3 REPLIES
N/A

Not a solution (don't use Macs I'm afraid) but possibly a temporary work-around.

If you disable and re-enable your adaptor after waking the laptop does it allow you scan for networks and connect?

Some laptops have hardware switches that enable you to do this, others have a function key and some need you to do it through the O/S.
N/A

The problem machine is not a laptop but a desktop. Yes, I can disable and re-enable the adaptor through the OS but it then tells me it can't find any networks! A restart then solves the problem - until next time it awakes from sleep. The laptop in the same room works fine.
N/A

Isnt there an option on the wireless card to not let it go to sleep? Its often hidden