cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login with a Pocket PC

N/A

Login with a Pocket PC

Hi,

I have signed up for the free trail and it's great - been using it fine with the laptop.
However I tried using it with my Pocket PC the other day and had problems.

I got connected to the WiFi no problem - but when I open Pocket IE and get the OpenZone login screen there is no link to the "Service provider" section as there is on IE5. Which means I can't login. Sad

Is the link just hidden? Or am I missing something here? :?

Cheers,
Ben
5 REPLIES
N/A

Login with a Pocket PC

The site uses java for provider selection. As this is normaly not available on a PPC, you can't login the normal way.

Instead, I beleive you can login using the nromal method on the PPC, but format your username with @pnwifi.net on the end.

This work around was provided in THIS thread.
N/A

Login with a Pocket PC

Hi There

At the moment adding this realm will work without causing you a problem. However when the buy minutes option appears in phase two you would not be able to access it as it is via the walled garden. So I have had a word and we are going to work on a url that you can enter on your PDA to access the walled garden. I have no eta at the moment but will give you the details as soona s I have them.
N/A

PDA and walled garden

Heaven knows what a walled garden is, but I am also in this category, and would appreciate the ability to use my IPaq after the trial is finished.
N/A

Re: PDA and walled garden

Heaven knows what a walled garden is, but I am also in this category, and would appreciate the ability to use my IPaq after the trial is finished.

The walled garden refers to the limited set of pages you can access before you actually log in and start using the service properly. Some belong to BT and some belong to us. Until that point, you're firewalled off from the rest of the Internet.

Using PDAs has been covered in other threads in the this forum. You can log in on the main BT login screen by appending @pnwifi.net to your username. This will get you around the problem of not being able to see the 'Service Provider Zone ' option.

Once the service launches fully though, you'll have to buy your minutes from your home PC before you set off with your PDA because you won't be able to reach the buy minutes pages with a PDA. We're looking at ways around this, but it's not a top priority in the period leading up to the launch.

If you can find a way of spoofing your user agent string in Pocket Internet Explorer then you might be able to get the Openzone server to serve up the full format set of pages thus enabling you to see the 'Service Provider Zone' link. Your mileage may vary. I haven't tried this.
N/A

Login with a Pocket PC

Warning! Warning! The following information instructs you on how to install software and change registry settings on your iPaq. Do this at your own risk! Neither PlusNet nor any of it's employees can be held responsible for any consequences whatsoever if you choose to do this. This post doesn't in any way endorse or recommend the software mentioned.

Changing the user agent string in Pocket IE:

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/936/

Registry Editor for Pocket PCs:

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

I have verified using my Windows-based smartphone that the registry settings described in the first link are present and that they indeed to allow you to change your user agent string. This should be enough to make the Openzone pages give you the full version of the menu screen with all the links. It might, however cause other websites you visit to serve you content not suitable for display on PDA, because you'll be lying to them about what browser you're using.