cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linsky wag54g

N/A

Linsky wag54g

Hi, First time wireless Router user please help
just been given this wireless router and I seem to have run into the proverbial brick wall. As I am unsure of what particular settings I need to use (i.e pppoa, pppoe etc}
Can anyone please point me towards to what settings,information I need to add
8 REPLIES
N/A

Linsky wag54g

Theres load of setting on this router the basics to get you up and going are

rfc2364PPPoA
Vpi 0
VCi 38
mtu automatic
N/A

Linsky wag54g

thanx for your reply, the main problem I seem to have at the moment is my ethernet adapters dont seem to want to pick up the modem router it keeps going from "network cable is unplugged" to plugged and takes about 45 minutes to settle is this normal on set up or do i have to configure the adapter someway
The cables are ok because i used them with my wired router before
holdtight
Grafter

Linsky wag54g

Did you do a factory reset of the router before installing it to your system ?

Theres a tiny hole next to the power switch on the back which you can get a pin in and hold it down for 10 seconds as it might still be pre set from its previous owner also ensure DHCP is on
N/A

Linsky wag54g

yes i did factory reset.
I now have it working but with issues. firstly it will only take 1 wired pc, the wireless works fine but i have not worked out how to make it secure.
also the wired connection constantly drops
Does anybody think this may be defective or should i endure the very slow loading 1 wired port insecure wireless contraption
Cheers
holdtight
Grafter

Linsky wag54g

There should be no reason why your linksys wont operate with more than one wired pc connected as its all automatically detected

The same applies to the security and i wouldnt advise using it without and these two factors do tend to point towards a possible fault if it just wont save a security setting

What happens when you do try to set up WEP or WPA PSK security and plug in more than one wired pc ?
N/A

Linsky wag54g

I intended 2 wired and 1 unwired, but with the wired PC1 it will pick up after a long time usually disconnecting itself several times. PC2 the "unplugged cable" message constant".
I have double checked all cables on my other router they are fine
As for security i put the address of the wireless pc that i am allowing it shows as unsecure and the WEP ETC shows as being secure but wont load the web pages.
Also when PC1 finally settles the pages load very slow if at all
N/A

Linsky wag54g

Forgot to add do i need to change any of the settings of the ethernet adapter
N/A

Linsky wag54g

The TCP/IP settings on the Ethernet Adapter must be set to 'Obtain IP Address Automatically' if the DHCP Server on the Router is running.