cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leeds Hilton Works Fine

N/A

Leeds Hilton Works Fine

Just a quick note to report that the service works well on the Leeds Hilton 4th Floor BT Openzone.

Because it's free i have no idea how long I have been connected Cheesy

James
8 REPLIES
N/A

Leeds Hilton Works Fine

Didn't work from 11th floor, room 1126 :?
N/A

Leeds Hilton Works Fine

From personal experience, most hotels seem to install Openzone access points to cover the public and conference areas. Wireless access in the rooms is almost always a non-starter - the exception I found was the Manchester Airport Brittania, which had free wireless access (but that was one year+ ago) so may have changed.

On an associated note, anyone aware of a broadband enabled hotel in Bath (which isn't non-smoking)?
Community Veteran

Leeds Hilton Works Fine

Leeds Hilton.

Is that Paris’s less attractive sister.?
:roll:

Chilly
N/A

Paris Hilton

Has she made a video as well Cheesy

Steve
N/A

Leeds to Paris?

Hi,

No! She hasn't made one yet.

But I heard that Paris is the name of a female tabby and that the movie was like watching cats in the dark, nice if you like that sort of thing but nothing to get very excited about. Even if it was for free download!!

:lol:

Ivan
N/A

Leeds Hilton Works Fine

I've just come back from India, and in both the hotels I stayed in there was wireless access in the rooms. One of the hotels even loaned out a PCMCIA adaptor for my collegue's laptop.

It worked a treat - however due to the daily intermittent power cuts, the wireless access point cut out from time to time.

I'm surprised that here we don't have wireless access in hotel rooms, thought that would be commonplace.
N/A

Leeds Hilton Works Fine

I found it is pretty commonplace to get WiFi in hotels these days.

Normaly it is the chains that provide such access, but I do hope to try and make some money out of smaller hotels soon Cheesy
N/A

Leeds Hilton Works Fine

Hmmm - that last message in this thread was an extremely well-timed post. I arrived at a wi-fi enabled hotel last night, connected my laptop following the easy instructions on the card in my room this morning, and obviously (from this post), I'm online with no problems at $9.95/day.

Needless to say, this is in efficient America; I'm in the Doubletree Hotel, Tallahassee, Florida; it's 6:15am and raining and my internal body clock is totally out of whack. But at least I'm online Smiley