cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, limited user accessing the net via wireless laptop

N/A

I have recently installed a wireless network at home on my desktop and laptop. The desktop has a single administrator level user, no problems there. The laptop has an adminstrator (me) and a limited access user for the kids to surf with (in theory), limited to prevent them screwing up my files.

The problem I'm having is I can't access the net from the limited access account, it won't recognse the network, although it will if my account is logged on and I switch users.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES
N/A

I just installed a replacement to my old Netgear DG824 adsl router/wireless access point - Netgear DG834 and a new Netgear WG511 card in my laptop and had a similar problem.

Wireless access worked fine with the previous card on any login. Like you, I have different login types for younger family members. The new WG511 54mbps card would only work properly with an administrator login whenusing the supplied drivers.

The solution was to download new drivers from the manufacturers website. Now it all works perfectly, connecting first time with no problems at all.
N/A

Thanks Smiley Have downloaded latest driver (didn't actually check if it was newer or not) but am still having same problem Cry

I have a Belkin F5D7633 router with F5D7011 lappy card.

If I can't sort it, at least I have to log on before the kids can use it, so I have an extra level of control. It's just a pain that's all.

Any further ieas anyone?