cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Wireless on BT Voyager 2000 ?

N/A

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to disable the wireless transmissions from a Bt voyager 2000 while still keeping the broadband connection (via ethernet) going. I'm having interference problems with other wireless products).Thanks.
4 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Im not familiar with this router but the others ive used have all had an option to disable the wireless within the web setup pages

Failing that you can disable your wireless card via device manager which would still give you internet access using a network cable

Before doing either have you tried using a different wireless channel this quite often cures interference depending on where its coming from
N/A

looking at the manual it doesnt let you disable the wireless but you can hide the sid and under Association Control you can block access to only certain pc's which if you set to none will be the same thing

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/2003/q3/bt-2000.html
N/A

As mwright - I hid the SSID on mine and everything is fine, and no more interference problems here. The only problem now is that my son can't connect when he visits as he can't see the router any more!
N/A

Should be noted that merely switching off the SSID won't prevent anyone connecting. Blocking all MAC addresses will do the job though.

If you ever do use it wirelessly then you'll want to give it a strong 128-bit WEP key, the Voyager 2000 sadly doesn't support WPA.

I gave one away to some friends a couple of years ago as it's very outdated now, but still a good piece of kit if it meets your needs.