cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Link and wireless help required!!

N/A

Hi all,

i recently purchased a D-Link DSL-2740B wireless router. the problem is that i cant seem to get the wireless to work. My laptop and pc (which are in the same room) pick up the connection and start to connect, and then come up with the error 'Limited or no connectivity' ive spent' nearly a whole day trying to fix this but cant seem to figure it out Cry

all help appriciated!
2 REPLIES
N/A

Have you set the router up with a network cable and is it connecting to the internet?
If you havent you need to setup the router with a cable first.
Having done that and got it connecting to the internet then keep one pc connected to the router via a cable and try connecting via wireless with the other computer. You will need to check if you have any form of wep or wap turned on as if you have you will need to enter the correct details into the laptop or you wont connect.

Its better to turn off all encryption at the beginning and get it working then turn it on as then you know the only setting to change is wep.
N/A

nah i fixed it! i had upgraded the firmware, downgraded it (via restore factory settings etc) and it worked!