cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Link Wireless ADSL2+ Router..........Connection keeps drop

kiasu
Grafter

Since 3am this morning my connection keeps dropping and I lose all net access.

If I unplug the router from the mains for 20 seconds and then plug it back in it connects again but only for 10 minutes or so before I have to repeat the whole procedure.

This is a nightmare and I wondered if anyone else has been having similar problems with their router since early this morning.

It has been working perfectly for the last few days.

I believe Plusnet were doing a bit of 'tinkering' with their systems early this morning and wondered if there was a link with the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Kiasu
1 REPLY
N/A

I had a sudden onset of this problem with this model- after a while I realised it tended to cut during the evening after intensive use and felt the router. Suffice it to say it was uncomfortably hot. Tried to improve circulation in any way I could, upgraded firmware and raised a ticket with D-Link who suggested I used ethernet instead. After that I took it back and traded it in under warranty for a Netgear DG834PN router which I couldn't be happier with.

The key thing is to establish if it's a) wifi or b) adsl that's dropping. The easiest way to do that is to type 192.168.0.1 into your address bar next time the internet drops. If you can get the D-Link web interface then it's probably the internet, and logging in will confirm that on the status page. If you can't get the web interface wirelessly, plug a laptop into the router via ethernet and see if you can get the internet that way.

If you can, take it back.