cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Link DSL-G624T Problem

N/A

D-Link DSL-G624T Problem

Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm not very technically minded.

I purchased a D-Link DSL-G624T wireless modem router at the weekend and managed (eventually) to set it up, but I have a slight issue in that it will disconnect itself after 30 minutes, then reconnect a few seconds later. It'll then work fine for however long I'm using it. Now I know it's not a huge issue but when I'm chatting to people online or in the middle of downloading something it's a little frustrating and it's starting to get on my nerves. It will do this regardless of whether I'm connected via Ethernet or wirelessly. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it would be doing this?

Thanks. Smiley
5 REPLIES
N/A

D-Link DSL-G624T Problem

Some were there is a setting for idle time out. You need to set it to 0
N/A

D-Link DSL-G624T Problem

Thanks for the reply though that doesn't seem to be the problem as the idle time out setting is correct and this issue happens regardless of whether the connection has been idle or is in use.
jontypluscom

D-Link DSL-G624T Problem

Just a thought - try this

go to your admin panel and click DHCP button

ther's a lease time there - mine was set on 3600secs which is 1 hour so I've set it to 12 hours which is 43200secs

Don't know whether that's it but I'm trying it right now

regards
N/A

D-Link DSL-G624T Problem

I don't know how or why, but that appears to have done the trick, many thanks! Smiley
curati
Grafter

D-Link DSL-G624T Problem

hi - i too have a d-link modem but my problem is that i could connect to broadband with modem and router before the upgrade to 8MBps, but since the update I can only connect using the voyager 105 modem.

Do you know how I could connect to the broadband with the d-link so that i can get wireless again

thanks.