cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't do speed checks on wireless

N/A

Can someone please provide some pointers on the following problem.

I have a NetGear DG824M wirless and wired router/modem but when I try and do a speed check on the wireless side it makes me log in again. What part of firewalls, settings or other things cause this to happen.

Note that there is no problem on the wired connection.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Do you have any problems with normal browsing? Speedtesters shouldn't require any changes to firewall rules- which one are you using?

Have you got any personal firewalls installed on the computer? What browser are you using? Have you tried with another computer on the wireless?
N/A

Also, what anti-virus/ anti-malware solutions are you using?
N/A

It makes me log into Plusnet again i.e. it bring up the customer login dialog box in a new window asking for login and password. If I put in the login and password it does it but if I re-test it brings it up again and goes on like that.

The only other wierd behaviour which I get is with ebay. When I go to the home page it says that the website declined to show this webpage and there is nothing which I can do to fix it.

I use Zonealarm for virus protection, anti-spyware and firewall. It is up to date for all of these.

I only have the default firewall settings on on the router

I am using IE 7 for browsing

Unfortunately I do not have access to another wireless enabled PC to check with.

Any help is much appreciated. Sad