cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help with Apple mac wireless routing?

N/A

Hello all,

Bit new to this wireless routing business. Just bought a Netgear DG834 but can not get the wireless to work. We are a apple mac flat running the new intel based ones with airport extreme cards, can any one help. Checked the connection with a ethernet cable and everything is fine there but when setting up wireless it say's there is no internet availabe...

Any help would be totally appreciated....
3 REPLIES
N/A

I am not into macs but its basically the same as a pc.
If you can connect with a cable its picked up a ip via dhcp make a note of the ip,subnet and default gateway you get with the cable.

In the wireless connection enter the same details but add one onto the last number of the ip. ie if its 10.0.0.2 then make yours 10.0.0.3.

On the router to get it going you should disable any encryption and leave it fully open with the sid being broadcast.

You should then find it works or you can search for the router and find it. Once you have got it going you can then add encryption or set it to only let known mac address access
Liam
Grafter

I bought myself a Macbook last week and it picked up my Netgear DG834G without any problem. Airport here too.

When you connect to the router Wired, can you access the router control panel? (Normally 192.168.0.1) Then check if there are any MAC address restrictions (Access List) or security settings preventing connection. Also worth checking that Wireless is actually switched on.
N/A

Check that wireless is turned on on both the router and the Mac. On the router it's called something like enable wireless, on the Mac you should see on the menu bar at the top right of the screen, several small icons. Look for the quadrant - click on it then select 'turn airport on'.