cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband/Wireless is SO slow

N/A

Hi
Is anybody with Plus Net for the internet? We've been with them for 4 or so weeks. Bought a wireless router off a friend and got it set up yesterday. The internet is now extremely slow. This friend said plus net are having problems because of the floods, but according to the service status, my area shouldnt be affected.

Is anybody else experiencing problems?
3 REPLIES
jazz
Grafter

No problems here - I don't think any difficulties you are having at present is due to the flooding in Sheffield
N/A

Any idea what it can be then? It took me forever to get wirelesss set up, and now its going extremely slow
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Is the internet only slow since you installed the new router? Or has it been slower than you have expected since you joined PlusNet?

If you could let us know which model of router you're using it'd make it easier for us to help you with your problem.

Until then can I ask that you perform a BT speedtest (help here) and post the results to check if you have a low sync speed or bRAS profile.

From the results of this test we should be able to offer you further troubleshooting advice and resolve your problem.

Please also be aware that speeds will be intentionally restricted should you exceed your product usage allowance. See your current usage for the billing month here.