cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin wireless hell

N/A

Belkin wireless hell

HELP
A dummy at this game so on here to ask you folks for some much needed help.
Ok got myself a new belkin ADSLmodem with pre n router and its installed so far so good
also got a new wireless pre N desktop network card not so good.
Havin great problems with the network card and have to uninstall and re install so far i have 5 networks and each time i instal the card again it adds another.
So how do i get shot of the networks
and anyone know of any problems with the new belkin pre n stuff ?
And would other networks in my block bugger up my system as it sems not to work after i turn off pc and then turn back on.
Sorry lads told you a bit of a dummy at pc stuff and lingo.
Mail me if you can or anything just need help pay loads of dosh and want it to work lol
Thanking you now
2 REPLIES
N/A

Belkin wireless hell

First off you dont say what O/S your using or what network cards. I would assume its XP if so do you have sp2 installed?

There are 2 problems in that some network cards you have to use the suppliers tools to setup the network and logon, some cards XP sp2 wizard will work which is often better.

To get rid of the network cards its quicker to roll back but you can remove them in device manager and click show hidden at the top they should then show up and you can delete them.

If there is another network near by it will cause problems you will need to go onto the router and change the channel to a free one. Get Netstumler free from
http://www.netstumbler.com/

This will scan for any other networks and give you the channel if it finds any. Once you get connected somewere in the software there will be somthing that lets you reconnect automaticaly next time that you have to tick. Wireless networks expect you to roam about a lot so dont reconnect by default
Slick
Grafter

Belkin wireless hell

i had a similar problem with my belkin but its really fizzing now m8, contact me if you still need help