cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router

N/A

I need to replace my BT voyager 105. Is it worth buying this Belkin product? It has ADSL2+. Or is it too advanced for plusnet and wont work ?.

Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router - wireless router. Wireless router, External, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, DSL modem, ADSL2+

Help.
13 REPLIES
N/A

I had one very briefly, but wasn't impressed with the two metre range.....
___oDiN__
Grafter

i have the high speed model with build in adsl modem
works a treat
i run 4 wireless pc and 2 wired pcs off it no problems

use it for streaming movies to my tv computer too

I recommend it
N/A

Thanks for all the replies.

I note that you mention that the range is 2 metres....which sounds pathetic.

I need to keep one lap top at least 15 metres away from the modem across 1930s walls. Do you think this is possible?

Are there alternate modem-routers which are better? :?:

THanks
___oDiN__
Grafter

i dont know where he got 2 meters from

mine works over a good range and the pcs upstairs range from good to excellent signals
N/A

I got the two meters from my own personal experience with Belkin kit.

Yes, I moved all other electrical equipment well away, turned encryption off, and tried every available channel and it made no difference.

Sometimes, Belkin kit works well, other times it doesn't. You may get lucky, but I wouldn't touch Belkin with surgical gloves.
N/A

Get yourself a Netgear 804g ect. Works fine. My laptop is upstairs at least 20 m. away from the router in the study downstairs. Have had no problems. Also netgear support is superb usually from India, but they know what they are talking about and above all are polite!
Sid Cheesy
N/A

Thanks again for the help everybody
I think I should be going for netgear.
N/A

using a belkin one to type this reply m8 and it works fine for me. using a laptop with a usb key which is performing better than my pc with the pci card in through 3 walls covering about 20 meters. sets up in 2 secconds and only drops out everynow and then maybe i am just lucky. i use netgear at work and will say they are the dogs but be you will pay through the nose
N/A

Got hold of a Netgear DG834G to replace the Belkin - it's very easy to set up, goes like a bullet train and the range is tremendously good. Knocks the Belkin rubbish I tried and returned into a cocked hat. Much recommended.
N/A

wireless routers

Just thought I would let anyone know if they are interested, recently bought linksys WAG345G ads2 wireless router to replace crappy safecom one from ebuyer. This new one is excellent good range from workshop to vaio wireless laptop in bedroom 40 m away no dropouts total up time now 38hrs
LiamM
Grafter

Must say, I love Netgear kit and the DG834G as was previously mentioned has served me well on a number of installations including my own at home and work.
N/A

Does anybody have any good ideas why my newly purchased Belkin ADSL Modem with Wireless G router keeps on collapsing, attached to my newly purchsed desktop ( with XP ProSP2). I switch on , wait ptrobably more than 10 minutes for the sysytem to connect. And then start work. However, within about 5 minutes the system collapses and I have to wait for it all to start again. This work/collapse cycle repats ad infinitum. What do I do? The connection to Plusnet via my other computer works fine using a Dynamode modem works fine and connection stays up. However other computer is XPHome SP1, but new computer is XP Pro SP2. Is that significant? Help!
N/A

I had the same problem, I sent the router back to belkin and they sent me a new one, worked a treat after that.