cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT vOYAGER

N/A

BT vOYAGER

Hi everybody,

I hope somebody out there can help me... :-))

Last night I was trying to get the PN-provided BT VOYAGER 2110 router to communicate with my Ibook ( Tiger, AIrport card installed ) but I kept losing the connection after a few minutes.

Could anybody pls tell me if I am supposed to fiddle with the DSN and IP settings in System Preferences at all? Whats really annoying is that I also lose the connection if I put my Ibook to sleep...

Thanks a lot

Lucy :-)
4 REPLIES
N/A

BT vOYAGER

Are you using wireless?
I can't be sure but it sounds like your router is idling for some reason. As for when you put your comp to sleep you will lose the connection if wireless. Not sure about wired. Hope someone else can help.
N/A

BT vOYAGER

It is a wireless connection, but seems like the router is still connected...

Thx for your reply anyway!

Lucy :-)
N/A

BT vOYAGER

How far away from your router are you? How thick are your walls? Haha hmm yeah that'll take some measuring! It could be interferance from other frequencies such as cordless phones etc. Try your laptop next to the router and use an ethernet cable to check the stability of the connection. If it doesnt drop out when you use the cable then you know that it is the wireless. If it is that report back.
N/A

Sorted!

All sorted now, I entered the DSN server settings manually, changed the channer on the router and it worked !
Thanks a lot for your help

L :-)