cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voyager 2110

N/A

BT Voyager 2110

I posted a message on this forum a few months ago regarding the very poor performance of my BT Voyager 2110 Modem/Router.

Can anybody suggest how I can make the wireless connection work. As stated before I am no more than 30 feet away in the next room and I get 1 bar out of 5 signal strengh. I struggle for web pages to load. I think the performance is dismal. Surely I shoulfd be getting a better range than this. Has anybody else experienced the same problem. As PlusNet sell these with the Wireless package perhaps they can comment on the performance. I personally dont thing the product is 'fit for purpose'

Can PlusNet please respond.
8 REPLIES
brucerichards
Dabbler

BT Voyager 2110

I have a BT 2110 and it seems to wok fine and cover my whole hose ans som e of the garden. Could it be a fault with either the 2100 or the pc/laptop adapter?

Bruce
N/A

BT Voyager 2110

I tried another Wireless Adaptor which had the same results. Very poor reception less than 30 feet away, etc. I have the Voyager located in a prominent position in my study. Any more prominent and my wife and kids would be tripping over it. I wasnt sure if there was a power controller which needed turned up. I can only dream of going out to the garden with my laptop. I struggle to get a signal to my kitchen (40 feet away) My garden is at approx 50 feet away.
Community Veteran

BT Voyager 2110

Have you tried setting the router up to use a different wireless channel. There could be interference from other equipment/houses and switching to a different channel (there are 11 to choose from) may improve the reception distance.

Also what is your reception like if you are in the same room as the router? If it is 100% then maybe something in your walls is blocking the signal.
N/A

BT Voyager 2110

Its a brand new house. timber stud and plasterboard. Not Duplex (foil backed) I'm a Surveyor so cant think what it can be. In fact the door to the study and living room are open and the router has almost a clear line of vision.

I will try and switch the channel.
N/A

BT Voyager 2110

JUst tried changing channels - no effect. Is there any way of turning up the power on the router?
N/A

Poor reception of BT 2110

Please do try a nother pcmcia or usb adapter. I have recently introduced not only pda's but also a laptop running a usb adapater, a laptop running a pcmcia adapter and now a laptop with built in wireless. i.e. intel.. I can only voice that each machine shows different levels of strength from the same point.... Unless your router has say a large refrigerator a tv or somethng heavy an RSA etc or in my case a 30 inch stone wall.... it really should cope very well I use two of these routers in a large building... and was amazed how far it carried the signal to the point of settting up heavy security.
AMB
Grafter

BT Voyager 2110

Did you ever resolve what was causing the problem? I use a Voyager 2100, without any modifications to the aerial on both my PC (line of sight, 40 feet, very high signal strength) and to my mac (upstairs, other side of the house, through the floor) and only experience a slightly lower signal strangth. I'd have to suspect channel interference or a bad piece of kit in your situation.... are you still getting the problem?
N/A

BT Voyager 2110

Also, have any of your neighbours got wireless LAN's? it could be interfering with yours, scan for other networks, see what channels they are on, maybe try a few channels higher or lower, rather than just one.