cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voyager 2100 not enough to work with our laptop and PC

N/A

We bought a bit back a voyager 2100 for a laptop and pc setup and it works but the signal is terrible, the router has to be about 5 metres radious for a good signal and doesn't seem to work very well around corners. We are considering buying another router to put each router within 5 metres of the machine but would this work or would you suggest just forgetting the BT Voyager and getting something more reliable like Netgear DG834G 54Mbps

I thought these things would work all around the house we only have a bungalow and not a very big one, so its quite annoying with a 2 meg broadband connection we would like a better signal.

Philip
1 REPLY
sym
Dabbler

I have a voyager 2100 in a large house that has two brick thick internal walls and three brick + cavity external and i get an excellent reception throughout the house which will almost always be through one internal wall (it dont go round corners but straight through your walls by the way) and even outside on the decking it is fine which must be 10 metres away through an internal and an external wall. - what wireless cards do you have in the pc's - what other wireless devices do you have (TV forwarding, cordless phone, baby monitor etc)