cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voyager 1040 and WPA2-PSK

N/A

When I set the security on my BT Voyager 2110 router to WPA2-PSK, I am unable to connect to it using my wi-fi card, as the security type is not listed where I would expect it to.

I have the most recent driver for my card, and most recent firmware on the router.

Am I doing something wrong, or is WPA2-PSK not supported by my card?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Are you using a BT wireless card with the utility installed? Are you able to connect ok with encrpytion turned off?
N/A

Yes and yes :roll:
N/A

Are you able to connect ok with other kinds of encryption turned on? Have you tried WPA-PSK?
Both types of WPA are now crackable to someone who is determined to get in. If you can run WPA-PSK with no problems, you have assigned mac keys, changed network name to something other than BT Voyager and set DHCP server to off and assigned your own IP addresses, you should be as secure as it can be.
N/A

Yup, WPA-PSK appears to be the most secure form of encryption that my BT Voyager 1040 will support. Is it a hardware restriction of my wireless card, or simply a software matter? I've got the most recent driver for my card which would lead me to believe it's to do with the hardware.
N/A

I havent tried running WPA2 on my own pc's, friend had told me some systems can have real problems with it. Will try to give it a run when i get some free time to mess about with it, will let you know what happens.