cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Ethernet Modem

Croan

ADSL Ethernet Modem

Hello

I understand I need an ADSL Ethernet Modem. I have an Apple ibook and an Airport Express Base station. The modem i have has USB connections, but the Airport Express Base station has Ethernet connections. I wish to go wireless and use broadband with this airport express base station. My ibook has a Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme

Please let me know what ADSL Ethernet Modems would suit. I am on broadband. I was told an NETGEAR DG632 ADSL Modem Router would be suitable. Would the DG 834 be more suitable?

Would like to know the best unit to use.

All advice appreciated.

Regards
3 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Ethernet Modem

The Netgear DG632 and DG834UK are both wired router/modems, the 632 has two ports one ethernet and one USB, the 834 has four ethernet ports.

If you want a wireless modem/router then you would need the DG834G or DG834GT units

The DG834G is recommended, check prices and details on PC World or Amazon websites.
Croan

Netgear DG632 or DG834UK wired router/modems,

Thanks for advice, the Netgear DG632 or DG834UK wired router/modems, would seem to do the job.

I am right in assuming that I could go wireless using any of the above router/ modems alongside my Airport Base Station?

As you said the DG632 has two ports one ethernet and one USB, and the DG834 has four ethernet ports.

What advantages has the DG834 over the DG632?

All advice appreciated

Regards

Sean Finnegan
N/A

ADSL Ethernet Modem

If you want to go wireless you would need the DG834G.

You cannot use wireless with the DG632 or DG834 they are both wired routers.
The differences are as stated, the number and type of ports.

They both have NATs firewalls and the DG834 also has SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection)