cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 questions re: wifi BB

grimme
Grafter

If a business dialup account signs up to wireless broadband, will any of the company's employees with a wifi enabled laptop be able to use the account at a hotspot and just get one single bill for all usage?

If a pay as you go dialup user who receives referrals, but can't use them on the normal bb service, as they have cable phone line, if they sign up to wireless broadband, can the referrals be taken off the wireless broadband costs?

In the FAQ's it says that existing users will be put on a pay-as-u-go service automatically at the end of the free period, but NEW users will automatically go onto a fixed fee account. Usually PAYG usage will be more expensive, so this seems discriminatory against the exising users. Why is this done in such a way?

Hope someone can answer most or all of the questions, as it does seem a good idea.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
N/A

If a business dialup account signs up to wireless broadband, will any of the company's employees with a wifi enabled laptop be able to use the account at a hotspot and just get one single bill for all usage?

Yes

If a pay as you go dialup user who receives referrals, but can't use them on the normal bb service, as they have cable phone line, if they sign up to wireless broadband, can the referrals be taken off the wireless broadband costs?

I'm unsure, i'll seek clarification on this.

In the FAQ's it says that existing users will be put on a pay-as-u-go service automatically at the end of the free period, but NEW users will automatically go onto a fixed fee account. Usually PAYG usage will be more expensive, so this seems discriminatory against the exising users. Why is this done in such a way?

Because a pay-as-you go account is free. Are you suggesting we should put customers automatically onto an acocunt that has a fixed cost every month (ie £4.99 or £9.99)? I'm not sure this would go down very well.

you can laways upgrade to one of these accounts should you wish to.

Regards,

Rich
N/A

I presume that you will have separate accounts for wireless and home broadband. When the FAQ mentions migrating to a PAYG account it means the wireless account, and the home account remains unaffected? This seems obvious in application, but the guidance text is misleading.
N/A

I presume that you will have separate accounts for wireless and home broadband.

Your wifi and broadband access will exist on the same account, with a single billing date and payment method.
grimme
Grafter

Wifi questions - 1 outstanding!

richardmason - Have you received clarification regarding the receipt of referral discount for a user on a current Pay-as-u-go account who adds Wireless to it?

Thanks.