cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2mb to 8mb broadband service

N/A

I used to have 2mb service which I upgraded to up to 8mb. I have seen no increase in this service since 20 Nov. I have a belkin wireless router and everthing seems to work ok except not nearly as fast as I was planning on.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Can you give details like what speed to you connect at what is your snr ratio etc.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

does the router report a higher connection speed link 6 or 8Mb, and your upload speed should increase slightly too.

try doing to some speed test from the connection settings menu on the left (under My Account).

during peak time, it maybe lower than expected.
N/A

I am now up to nearly 3mb download speed and I don't think this will be improved. Thanks for interest and help.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

As Plusnet point out under their High Speed link in your main connection settings portal, disconnecting and reconnecting your router once per day over 3 - 4 days may enable it to maximise your speed.

All depends on the number of surrounding neighbours on the same connection line to the exchange (contention ratio), usually up to 50:1 and also how far from your exchange you are.