Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a time delay.

Is there a time delay.

I have a new .co.uk website to which I think I have uploaded some files, both Cyberduck and Transit show the files being there, but when I use my browser to access the website I get transferred to webspace.plus.net which says a web page has not been uploaded. Is this due to a time delay or am I missing something more serious?
12 REPLIES
Grafter

Is there a time delay.

Edit: My problem with the ccgi pages was purely human error, ack.
Community Gaffer Community Gaffer
Fixes: 51

Is there a time delay.

@zanyjudy

Have you made sure your site has an index.htm or index.html file? It sounds as though the index.htm file we upload as default is still there, try removing this and replacing it with your own homepage and you should be able to see your site.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team

Is there a time delay.

It would appear that I am loading stuff into my www.username.plus.com webpage and not my co.uk webpage. Both Cyberduck and Transmit take my username as the name of the webpage. How do I load files into the co.uk webpage?

Is there a time delay.

Your domain will point to the same place as www.username.plus.com unless you have specified this to go to a folder. Checking your account you haven't so domain.co.uk and www.username.plus.com will be showing the same files.

Have you uploaded the files into the htdocs directory? There doesn't seem to be anything on there.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team

Is there a time delay.

I removed all the files but when I try to reload I get a message "Could not upload item. Server said: index.htm: Permission denied."
!!!

Is there a time delay.

Make sure you are uploading the files in to the htdocs folder, you can't upload outside this.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team

Is there a time delay.

I have uploaded some files and they are there on the www.username.plus.com page but my co.uk page still says there is nothing uploaded. I am obviously misunderstanding something here. I read what you said to mean that my co.uk page would show what is uplosded to the other page.

Is there a time delay.

I've just looked at the domain on your account, this is showing exactly the same page as www.username.plus.com

Try holding down the CTRL key and press F5 at the same time when trying to view your .co.uk site
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team

Is there a time delay.

This is what I get -

Safari can’t find the file.
No file exists at the address “/www.belfryhouse.co.uk”.

?Huh

Is there a time delay.

Visiting http://www.belfryhouse.co.uk I get a page with this text at the top...

Belfry House
Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted

Is there a time delay.

It may be cached on your PC, so try clearing out your browser cache.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team

Is there a time delay.

At last! It took two attempts to clear the cache but eventually it made it. Now all I have to do is work out why a blue square with a question mark has appeared where it shouldn't, then I can start to make progress.
many thanks.