cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Day: 7th November

Twice in one week I get to do the End of Day. Is that a curse or a blessing? I know not, all I know is that I'm not The Stig... or am I? That could be a triple bluff.

Anyway without further ado let's get on with the End of Day, this is just about the last thing I have to do tonight so the sooner I finish the sooner I can get home. First today we have Jen from our HR Team:

I’ve managed to make it back into work for Friday and our HR EoW after being ill for the last few days.

In my absence, there’s been a flurry of activity in HR (maybe I’m more of a hindrance than help, eek!)

To cover off the main bits…

Resourcing Barbara’s done the October KPIs and submitted them. She’s also done some extra bits and pieces for us in CIPHR. There’ve been interviews for the Accounts Assistant role. Role profiles are being reviewed and updated.

Relations We’ve launched the Employee Opinion Survey after consulting with the PnPG as a pilot group.

Reward Gem’s been sorting the Plusnetter of the Month meeting and voting. She’s also been researching a cycle to work scheme. We’ve been preparing for the launch of the Lealta benefits card.

Learning and Development 6-monthly performance reviews are still going - including ours. Amanda’s been busy with 360 degree reviews for MDLP attendees again.

Anyway, I’m off home shortly for a bit of a rest...

Next with the strange world from the Comms Team is Chris:

It all begins a long long time ago, in a land far far away. In this land there were mystical beings and strange, glorious things to be found. One of these strange glorious things was a beverage made from the leaves of a plant, the name of it eludes your storyteller at the moment. Oh wait, I've remembered it's called tea.

This magical concoction was a joy to drink and was sought after by less cheerful people from the Kingdom of Boblet. Within this Kingdom there was a dark lord the peasants called Bob. Bob would demand tea all day but be very reluctant to stand up from his throne and prepare it himself. He therefore employed a number of others to ensure he had hot tea all day to satisfy his cravings.

One day the Kingdom of Boblet found that it had run out of leaves so there wouldn't be any more tea to drink. Knowing that this would make Bob angry the towns people quickly ran over to Commsland to ask if they could purchase some of their tea leaves. On the whole the people of Commsland are very friendly and will help those in need, however they had heard of the tyrannical rule of Bob over in the Kingdom and refused to provide the towns people any tea leaves. They came up with a different solution, they would let the towns people move into Commsland and leave the miserable and now thirsty Bob on his own in his Kingdom.

The towns people accepted and rejoiced by making everyone in Commsland a nice hot cup of tea each. When Bob realised what was happening he was FURIOUS, he refused to make his own tea and instead tried to invade Commsland. Now as Commsland is a strange and glorious place he didn't succeed in this as the Comms horses would thwart every effort he made to gain access to Commsland.

After a few weeks Bob became disillusioned with drinking plain water that he came grovelling to Commsland and asked if he could join them. The people of Commsland accepted on one condition, that Bob would make everyone in the land a cup of tea each day and if he ever forget then the Comms horses would run him out of town for good. Bob decided this was fair and they all lived happily ever after.

The End.

(Ed: Tea tastes like dishwater)

After that I suppose I'd better give you a brief rundown of what we've been up to today.

Matt: Sorting out emails and a newsletter. Bob: IronPort work along with working on some emails. Me: CBC problem and forumage. Mand: Problems and WLR tasks along with dev change controls.

As Matt went out and bought all of the Comms team mini skateboards, that can be the link of the day.

Penultate entry for today is Jim from Products:

I'm very happy to let you all know that we did indeed experience a brief dissipation of the Mythical Ceiling of Doom. It was replaced in its glory by the Fabled Angelic Fountain of Light. But not for long enough!

I've been looking at hardware again and posting a bit in our forums. I've also managed to help out the Partner Team a little with some knowledge of broadband speeds and contention.

Dave's been looking at his new funky box that Mr. Carl in Networks has set up for him. It excites him a lot. Even more than e.Co Plus!

Rich has been looking after our daily KPI as well as looking at some future project we hope to offer.

I shall leave you now, wishing you a pleasant weekend and I trust that you too, will be visited by the Fabled Angelic Fountain of Light.

Moving swiftly on our last entry today is from Mike representing CSC Quality and Training:

OK, this is my first End Of Day from a Quality and Training perspective, so be kind. It's been a very hectic day, I have been very busy putting finishing touches on the company wide training for the new Ofcom Code of Practice to ensure that we are fully complient. I have also finished delivering training for Ironport our new SPAM filter system from Cisco.

In addition to this, I have been silently listening to agents on their calls to ensure that we are constantly delivery good service levels. Any agents that fall below will benefit from Side by side coaching by myself. I have also been Quality scoring tickets to ensure that ticket quality is also exellent.

Thanks Mike, and that's it for today and for another week. We'll all be back next week, we'll those that haven't been carted off. Enjoy the weekend everyone. Couple of good shows on the TV this weekend including Top Gear and Have I Got News For You. Take care everyone and please make time for Remembrance Sunday.

0 Thanks
0 Comments