cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Day: 28th January

So, how many of you lot noticed we had a little outage today? Not too many I hope, but as a result we've had a couple of people scurrying around and testing things to make sure all is ok. First up tonight, Neil from Networks

Networks has seen even more hustle and bustle than usual with a small outage at one of our data centre this afternoon to attend to, and the ongoing AOL email blacklisting issue which is proving a pain to resolve, but I have my man Dan relentlessly hassling them as we seek to grind out a solution sooner rather than later! We've also been doing lots of housekeeping on the mail storage platform, looking at port requests so that customers get maximum performance when it comes to network gaming... Other than this the focus has been on the relocation of one of our Data Centres, and sorting out the problems that crop up on a daily basis!

Next, Andrew from the Web Team

Hello there, Andrew reporting from the Web Team! A big hello to my mum who added the Community site RSS feed to her Firefox toolbar last night, she tells me she'll be reading every day from now on. Regular readers will be aware that she joins my nan as another family member that I've had mentioned on here - I assure that this is not part of a wider plan (muahaha). So on to the EOD bit of my post... I like many of the team (Pete, Colin, Gary, Jonny, Nick and Sam) have been snowed under with project work. That leaves James, who's spent the day Reviewing Code, working problems and firming up plans to upgrade the software for this site. Tam has been updating our internal documentation for Link and wowing the CSC with a proof of concept design for the Workplace ticket screens. Duffy has been wrestling with Smarty. Dan says "blah" Colin has left early to go get his haircut, so we'll be scutching him in the morning! And that's yer lot!

and bringing up the rear, James from the Comms Team

We've all been feeling the meeting love today, with all of us going to various different meetings, including our Company Quarterly Rally! I've mainly been looking at training and various other bits of task work. Bob's been looking at (you guessed it) 'Port. Chris has been doing a bunch of work on our ticket causes and clearing some tasks before he goes on holiday. He's also been doing some Service Status work with the DataCentre problems we had earlier. Mand's been doing her usual batch of Change Controls, Problems. And the link of the day, courtesy of Chris. T'ra. James

Right! That's it from us today. I hope the traffic is light for you on your way home, and your gaming lag free tonight! Cheesy

0 Thanks
2 Comments