Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

windows 10

win 10 . is out this Summer  Cool and is free upgrade from win 8 or win 7 .
and they have got Rid of IE  Wink
http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/matthew-wilson/windows-10-is-now-due-out-this-summer...
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
939 REPLIES 939
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: windows 10

Quote from: rongtw
and they have got Rid of IE  Wink
Incorrect, there will just be an alternative alongside it.
Microsoft has confirmed that it is going to stop using the Internet Explorer brand with the launch of its new browser, currently known as ‘Project Spartan’. This has been hinted at in the past but speaking at Microsoft Convergence yesterday, Marketing Chief, Chris Capossela confirmed it.
“We’re now researching what the new brand, or the new name, for our browser should be in Windows 10. We’ll continue to have Internet Explorer, but we’ll also have a new browser called Project Spartan, which is codenamed Project Spartan. We have to name the thing.”
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I find this bit very odd http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/jon-martindale/microsoft-will-upgrade-pirated-copies...
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

The 'free' version (possibly the not-free version too) probably contains lots of special FBI/CIA/FCC 'feedbackware' or similar.  Lips_are_sealed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I believe the 'feedbackware' version is restricted to certain parts of the world....more specifically outside of Redmond, Washington.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

if people are using a legitimate version, they will have a better experience with the software.

Now what does that mean?  Cheesy
Less nags about this is not a genuine version? (Even when it IS)
I remember re-installing a clients XP, their key printed on the box wouldn't work, our key wouldn't work. Had to phone M$ support and key a key from them.  Crazy
That and several calls saying I am getting this message about "your pc is running a pirate version" when they had pre-installed version.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

@ HP sauce , the browser incorporated in Win 10 is not IE , its a new browser similar to chrome/firefox  as they are trying to get away from the NEGATIVE image of IE  Wink

HPsauce
Pro

@ HP sauce , the browser incorporated in Win 10 is not IE
You can believe that if you want.  Wink But it's incorrect.
Current preview versions (such as I have) of W10 include IE and the new "Spartan" browser is presumed to be included as well when it goes on sale, as quoted above from Microsoft.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

i also have win10  Wink on another machine but from what i read the actual release win 10 will not have the IE browser at all .
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/microsoft-kills-internet-explorer---53513...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2999021/Microsoft-kill-Internet-Explorer-Browser-repl...
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsofts-spartan-browser-will-not-be-next-internet-explorer
http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/project-spartan-goes-official-as-internet-explorer-replacemen...
Microsoft has built a new web browser designed for the modern web and mobile devices to go with its new Windows 10 operating system that’s coming later this year.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Strat
I find this bit very odd http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/jon-martindale/microsoft-will-upgrade-pirated-copies...
Any advice on where to get a pirated copy so I can keep my present Win 7 installation running in parallel because there is a fair chance my scanner won't work
Only kidding - please don't answer that
HPsauce
Pro

@rongtw I give up, don't you read what you've linked to? Even the Daily Mail repeats the Microsoft quote that IE will be there too.  Crazy
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Ok HP sauce we will agree to disagree  Cool
nanotm
Pro

@oj that's my main worry about upgrading to it right now, what will it break.....
I have several really old systems that I can put illegal copies of windows 8 onto just to get the legal free (limited) edition of w10 but according to the upgrade advisor I would have to change hardware parts for it to work properly (like getting a new wifi adaptor in my 10yr old laptop)
i'm also wondering just how good the "free" version of windows will be  compared to the paid for version (time will tell on that one I guess) or will this be like the promotion in the past where windows 8 pro was £24.99 totally unlimited licence conditions, if its the latter type of offer then Microsoft is betting the farm that they will generate enough new micro transactions from legal windows users via the windows store to make enough cash to subsidies there entire business system ....
i'm aware that if they do this M$ will be running at a significantly lower profit margin per licence than any other OS creator that also runs the store system, of course they will be able to insist all new app's /software /games will only be available for purchase via an online store once approved by them (currently any idiot can release software or apps for windows without bothering to get M$ certification and cause all sorts of problems on user systems) which if they limit the store options to one will have the happy side effect of making the new windows the most secure os ever......
hopefully a lot more information will be forthcoming about this sort of stuff before the launch, certainly I am keen to get more info about it as i'm sure others are
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Ok HP sauce we will agree to disagree  Cool

@rongtw, read this today. It appears you are correct Wink
Internet Explorer
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

Cheers Artmo  Cool