Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 browser EDGE

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

windows 10 browser EDGE

Some months ago I upgraded my laptop to windows 10  and have used the firefox browser during this time as it was installed prior to upgrade ,but recently tried to use the EDGE browser only to be told "Theres a problem with this websites security certificate" on what ever site I try to visit , Ive checked the clock accuratcy  and its ok Ive tried to proceed to the site and ignore the warning it fails to do that, Ive contacted HP and carried out the checks  above ,After carrying out the checks with no further progression was told to use another browser
I not a tech expert but I am able to sort minor issues out ,I am lucky that I have firefox installed else I would be stuffed ,I am very disapointed with  windows 10 ,I would like to try the EDGE browser but unable to use it ,  I felt HP said to try a number of things then washed their hands of it when it failed to clear the issue
                Is there an issue with the EDGE browser
3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: windows 10 browser EDGE

It works fine for me. Sounds like one of your settings is wrong.
There are plenty of websites that have common issues with Edge and how to fix them if you have a look on Google.
hooverman
Rising Star

thanks mustrum i try investigating further I hate things beating me
hooverman
Rising Star

having used Bitdefender for a number of years with no issues I was surprised  to find that it was that that blocked access to windows Edge and Google Chrome ,I had to switch off SSL scan this is the information Ive received from Bitdefender hopefully it will be rectified when I install 2016 internet security