Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

win7 x64 usb mouse/keyboard stop responding

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

win7 x64 usb mouse/keyboard stop responding

Anybody know of a good diagnostic program to monitor windows 7 x64 to see why the usb keyboard and mouse stop responding. I dont see any obvious sign or cause via the Event Viewer. I only see the kernal power loss when the power button is held to reboot!
Changed both keyboard and mouse and updated a few mobo drivers, just waiting to see what happens....
3 REPLIES 3
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: win7 x64 usb mouse/keyboard stop responding

the only test I know of to see if the problem is pc or device based is to swap them onto another system,
but have you checked the system's usb power settings ? (control panel > hardware & sound > power options > edit plan settings > click change advanced settings,  in the pop up scroll down to usb settings, selective suspend settings and make sure its set to disabled)
I had a problem when I reformatted a pc a while back where  KB & M would randomly stop working until the system was rebooted, stupid and annoying but hey ho live n learn  Wink
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks for the tip nanotm, I've dissabled that and gone with a bios update now as well  Cheesy
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

be aware that some updates will randomly reset all of your power settings so its worth checking them every month after you install updates just to prevent such things happening in the future
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you