Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi to device slow

FIXED
mitchbase
Dabbler

wifi to device slow

Been with plusnet a good while, everything has been fine speed wise. Last couple of days our phones and laptop are really slow at opening pages, checked my connection to internet, speed seems fine. reset router etc. still no joy. tg582n. I,m not the most technically minded person mind... thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: wifi to device slow

Fix

Download a wifi analyser & check to see if all your neighbours are using the same wifi channel as you, or the adjacent ones, and change you router to use a channel away from the crowd

Most routers have an auto detect and channel select setup as default and they are terrible at actually doing it

This guide https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/ may point you in the right direction

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

You might be suffering from this issue (Windows 10 and TG582n) and if so the fix is given within the post here https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Windows-10-upgrade-connectivity-proble...

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
mitchbase
Dabbler

i have gone through different channels and the only one it seems to work on is one with other people on. it was on channel 11 with no others on and would not work.

mitchbase
Dabbler

thanks but it works fine when plugged into ethernet cable.

Gythral8PNC
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

11 should work, 12-14 may not always work

Did you force the devices to look for available networks as well as waiting for them to discover the change of channel (my ancient laptop never finds moved channels without a good kick)