cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which computer is suitable for streaming live sport

rena
Grafter

which computer is suitable for streaming live sport

i'm sorry if this in the wrong category. i would like to buy a new computer that would be suitable for streaming. could someone please advise me what to look for - is it the RAM, the processor, graphics card or something else? thanks
5 REPLIES 5
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: which computer is suitable for streaming live sport

Pretty much anything thats new these days will do the job but as with all computers the best thing to go for is the highest amount of ram you can afford, the best processor you can afford, hard disk isn't quite as important (not unless you collect tons of photos, videos etc).
As I say.. pretty much anything will do the job these days.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

as sprite says just about any new PC/laptop should be ok , but of course streaming also requires a good and stable internet connection  Smiley you could have the worlds best PC and be unable to stream if your connection is bad  Cry
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
pierre_pierre
Grafter

also the package you are on, some restrict varieties of streaming more than others
see http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp2.php
itsme
Grafter

Make sure the PC has a Video card, don't rely on the Video output on the motherboard. Even with a quad motherboard streaming was very bad when I was using the motherboard's video output.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

I'm tempted to disagree with that. The last few PCs I've had have been fairly old.. but had reasonable graphics cards (not the latest bust still good spec compared to the PC). Still useless for some games and youtube and I would frequently get glitchy playback.
I recently acquired an emachines sleek machine (meaning no chance of a gfx card) and the onboard graphics are excellent.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!