cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where has my power(battery) level indicator gone... on my laptop?

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

where has my power(battery) level indicator gone... on my laptop?

As the subject says...it was there yesterday. Today it's gone. I can't find it or any way of putting it back on screen. Or even finding it - anywhere.It ised to be in the bottom task bar, next to the speaker icon. Even in settings all I can do is adjust time-out etc, when I go to power.
I'm using an acer spire laptop (irrelevant) ,Windows10 (fully updated).
Until I find it, I will have to use laptop plugged in. defeats the object of a laptop. Sad
7 REPLIES 7
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: where has my power(battery) level indicator gone... on my laptop?

Right click on the current time/date area bottom right....... select  "customise notifications icons" .. ( hopefully, you have that to choose from the menu ).... then you get a window with all the icons and a check box next to them.... ?  Maybe .....
Well that`s how it is on W7 professional.....
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

On Windows 10 you should have a up arrow looking symbol to the right of the speaker symbol, its the show hidden icons function, have you tried this?
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

Thanks both, tried the 'hidden icons button, but there was nothing usable there just drive, Synaptics pointing device, Winlocker ( what is that anyway?) and the perennial 'Java update available' notification. I had already been into settings and notifications - there was nothing awry there. However, whilst using it tonight (unplugged) the power indicator came on, of its own accord. Could possibly be that the battery level only shows when it drops to a specified level. Doesn't explain why, when the battery is 100% and I unplug it, it stills shows battery level, though. Most confusing.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi
Follow this and let us know what it says:
Start -> Settings -> System -> Notifications and Actions -> Turn System Icons On and Off
Is the "Power" slider set to on or off?
Jeff
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

see my reply..... ! !  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes
@doris...... my battery is showing all the time... with a power plug on top of it.. to show it is on the mains... 
(win 7 pro )
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@Shutter  Embarrassed  Roll_eyes Yes, sorry completely missed that - twas late  Smiley
rogadodge
Aspiring Pro

@minkey.. Power slider set to on.
@shutter.. it reappeared of its own volition when running on battery!
All I can think is that it doesn't show until power gets to x% or x minutes left on battery, as it likes to tell me.
Handy feature, if it is a feature, but why don't they tell us and give us the option?
Still, all OK at moment. I'd nice to know power left before you start updates, á some of them are pretty big/long