in IE is says paged cannot be found?
yet linksys utility says wireless is all ok signal strength ok
Anyone any ideas ?
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: voyager 2110 & linksys wireless-G USB

Can he connect using http://192.168.1.1/? I don't have any experience with that router so I can't help too much. Possibly it doesn't allow access to the admin panel via wireless, or it needs configured first using a wired connection (Ethernet).
Sorry for not being much help Sad
Emma
Grafter

Hi there
If possible as mentioned above setting up the router with an ethernet cable to at least get it online is a good idea. Then take it to the next level with the wireless.
If you open command prompt (start --->run---> type cmd and press enter) then type ipconfig at the bottom it should say default gateway 192.168.1.1, if it doesn't your pc isn't seeing the router (it may say media disonnected a reboot of the router usually helps)
Let us know if this doesn't help
Regards
Emma
Wombat

Was your Dad able to resolve his problem as I have a similar one? I cannot find the voyager home page either. I've tried both the addresses provided.
I'm pretty much a novice to broadband and decided on wireless because of where the phone line comes into the house and where my desktop is situated. I thought it would be better/easier. I was sent the BT Voyager 2110 by Plusnet when I set up my new broadband account (last week!) and haven't been able to get the thing to work. I've connected it in various different ways in case I'm not doing it right included using the ethernet cable but nothing  Huh
I'm running Vista so I can't even get the drivers to work properly for my wireless PCI card (Belkin G+), and I can't install the Voyager software from the CD...
I wonder if it's Vista that's causing the problem... I'm starting to get really hacked off now because it seems nothing I do makes any difference Cry
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

IMPORTANT: Before you continue, ensure that your wireless adapter is setup using your router’s unique WEP key. This is located on a coloured sticker on the bottom of your Voyager 2110 Wireless Router.

I know it says don't use a wired connection - but if you did, you could come back later and sort out the WEP protection later?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."