cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail

wattstony

voicemail

I have just moved from O2 to Plusnet because i moved my broadband account and got a good SIM deal

But I cant get recordings of the voice mails on the iPhone 6 the way i used to with O2

The Plusnet help desk says its a function of the iPhone settings

Apple say that plusnet dont provide the functionality to deliver voicemail messages to the iphone

I find it astonishing that plusnet might not provide this service

Can anybody advise me please on this situation.

I dont want a service where i have to dial voicemail and cant have the messages delivered to my iPhone.

So it seams like i have to revert to an 02 service ?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: voicemail

@wattstony wrote:

I have just moved from O2 to Plusnet because i moved my broadband account and got a good SIM deal

In other words, cheap.

@wattstony wrote:

I find it astonishing that plusnet might not provide this service

It's a budget ISP with a budget price. Why would you expect the same multi million pound offerings with plusnet that you had with your previous provider? - This is the reality of it: Lower price = lower takings = less money to spend on features.

@wattstony wrote:

Can anybody advise me please on this situation.

I dont want a service where i have to dial voicemail and cant have the messages delivered to my iPhone.

So it seams like i have to revert to an 02 service ?

1) You've now been advised.

2) Next time you switch, you now know what features to ask about. Dialling voicemail is considered normal for many.

3) Looks that way doesn't it.

Only other option you would have is to find (or create) an app that checks the voicemail indicator on your phone and automatically dials it (muting the speaker and microphone so as not to disturb you), records it and then brings it to your attention. Complex... but technically doable..

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: voicemail

@wattstony 

Going along with what @7up  says, I've got what I consider a cheap Three PAYG (3-2-1) sim in my phone which suits me as I don't need to make many calls or use much data on the phone, and if it's any consolation it works in a similar way to what you describe regarding voicemail.

It used to annoy me wasting time and money (PAYG remember) dialling in to check voicemails which I had been advised of by Three only to find that many times no actual message had been left, so much so that I got Three to disable voicemail on the account.

At the time (a couple of years ago) I had an idea similar to @7ups suggestion in his final paragraph of using an app on the phone to deal with voicemail, but my wish was slightly different in that I wanted the app to actually be able to answer the call after a pre-set number of rings (perhaps even on silent) and record a message from the caller on the phone itself in much the same way as an answerphone on a landline.

That way I could ignore calls from unrecognised numbers (usually spam) and hopefully get a message indicating the purpose of the call.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to find such an app and I'm not knowledgeable enough in that department to create my own!

My spam calls have been pretty much reduced to zero simply from using the 'Block Number' feature on the phone, but an app as described could still be handy at times.