cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading photos to emails in windows7

timberwoody
Grafter

uploading photos to emails in windows7

I have just got a new pc running firefox on a windows 7 home premium system. My last pc had firefox with windows xp. On my xp emails I clicked the browse box and I got lots of choices to select. I went into my pictures made my selections and they all came out as attachments. Now I am unable to access MY library/my pictures from my emails. Every time I click the browse button I get a box up entitled FILE UPLOAD. Inside this box is a kind of taskbar with the headings:- BOOT(C), WINDOWS LIVE, PHOTO GALLERY. I am unable to find a way to transfer my pictures to emails.
Help please
Regards
TIMBERWOODY
7 REPLIES 7
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: uploading photos to emails in windows7

Presumably you mean you are using Thunderbird..... as email client....
FIrefox is the web browser...
In Thunderbird....... , new message> click on "Attach",  (paper clip) ....which should bring up your "my computer"  where you can browse your folders, double click on the folder, double click on the file, it should then appear in a list at top right (opposite the address panel)
Well, that`s how it works for me in Vista....  can`t see Thunderbird doing it differently for W7 ....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

here what I do on Win 7 and Thunderbird
at the top - Insert, the next two steps a below
you also have to send it as HTML
timberwoody
Grafter

Thanks SHUTTER & PIERRE PIERRE for your answers. I do not think I have THUNDERBIRD, none of the items you both mention appear on my email composing page. I use SQUIRREL MAIL via firefox access not internet explorer!
Regards
TIMBERWOODY
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thunderbird is an offshoot of Firefox and free  http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/.
You can use IMAP - like squirel and see the spam fold (SWMBO Box) or Pop3 at the same time, if you have all yours as IMAP you can slide mail form one box to another
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Pierrer beat me to it !....
I have the English-GB version
http://en-gb.www.mozillamessaging.com/en-GB/thunderbird/
timberwoody
Grafter

I have now solved my problem! I saw some movement at the side of the FILE UPLOAD box. A dragged the box to the right and this uncovered the MY PICTURES option.T!he outcome is that windows 7 /squirrel mail works just the same as xp/squirrel mail when selecting photos!
Many thanks to  SHUTTER, PIERRE-PIERRE, and OLDJIM for your kind help! Regarding the THUNDERBIRD info I will stick with my SQUIRREL MAIL. Thunderbird may be better but I do not have a very good understanding of PCs and as they say;- The devil you know is better than the one you don't know!
Regards
TIMBERWOODY