cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uniblu registry booster.

firefly2
Grafter

uniblu registry booster.

while looking for the best site to part load directx a box popped up and offered a scan for errors in the registry. does any-one out there have this on their pc??? it told me that i had 400 + wrong with mine.  hm !!!!! how do i keep going i ask myself . Huh firefly2
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: uniblu registry booster.

If it was an unexpected pop-up then you are infected with malware. You need to scan for and remove it.
There are many infections that produce pop-ups that say you have registry errors (you probably have none). The aim is to get you to buy the software they are advertising regardless of whether there is a problem or not. Don't do it!
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I use Registry First Aid..... you can scan your registry and see the "errors" listed.... it also says whether it is safe to delete it. or to leave it as it is.....
Free version will only "fix" 12 errors, but then you can "Exit" and run it again, then it will "fix" 11 errors, "Exit" and run it again, and it will "fix"  10  more Errors, keep repeating the exit and run, and it will keep fixing 10 every time, until they are all fixed.....
The scan works in two parts, so keep an eye on the progress bar at the bottom, and when the first part has finished, click on the STOP button, then Next, etc.,
Of course, if you want, you could always purchase it !....
Tip..... If you run CCleaner first, it will delete a load of cookies, and save time on the Reg First Aid scan, and the results will be lower too ! !..
You do get an option to do a "restore point" before starting the Registry clean up.
firefly2
Grafter

thanks both for the help. it keeps doing a scan and listing numbers for each section. i seemed to have a lot for shortcuts. 15 errors done free then a purchase. haven't taken up the offer tho'. it has put a little blue spanner on my taskbar and an icon on the desktop and does a scan every day. i do have a restore date made before the directx download. thats a nifty idea of yours shutter to get them to do the few they offer each time (if they do ) might give it the boot tho'. bit jittery  Undecided firefly2