cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer domain in

scrape

transfer domain in

I have a Madasafish legacy account and wish to transfer a dot band domain in for hosting. The various posts relating to the experiences of other people who have tried to do something similar and the lack of much in the way of support pages suggests that this is either no longer possible or certainly not wanted and therefore made complicated in order to discourage customers from doing it.  The help and advice page on this topic directs to a page which is no longer supported and itself directs the user back to the help and advice page. Have I missed something or am I seeing the destruction of a previously excellent service now that BT has got its claws in.

2 REPLIES 2
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: transfer domain in

If you have access to the nameserver / dns settings you might well be better off moving the domain elsewhere to another dns provider that gives you more control. Plusnets domain services are often brought up in a unfavourable light around here.

The service I use is freedns at afraid.org - http://freedns.afraid.org but there is a gotcha - once there, unless you become a paid subscriber your domain becomes shared meaning that other people can create subdomains on your domain.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: transfer domain in

Try Zonomi - it's free for a single domain (and very cheap for multiple). They offer a somewhat unique 'vanity name server' feature too if so desired.